Dear Brides, Grooms, Moms and Friends...
We are nearing "Wedding Invitation Season". This is the time when couples start the ordering process for Spring and Summer weddings. We hear so much about what you SHOULD DO...that I thought I would "mix it up" and let you know what you should avoid!
10 Wedding Invitation “Don’ts”…..
1. Don’t --- make new friends! When you get engaged, keep a low profile and don’t commit to anyone that they will be an invited guest until you know that you will be able to accommodate them.
2. Don’t --- send Save-the-Dates if you want to keep your guest list down.
3. Don’t --- learn wedding invitation etiquette…unless you are doing your invitations online. Trust your invitation professional to help you with this and save your time for other items on your list.
4. Don’t --- order invitations too early! Things can change with your venue, time, guest list number. 4 months prior to your wedding date is optimal.
5. Don’t ---- order invitations too late! Save yourself stress from the possibility of a necessary re-do and unnecessary express shipping. 4 months prior to your wedding date is optimal.
6. Don’t --- Order too many invitations. Make sure you are ordering “per household” instead of “per guest”.
7. Don’t --- Order too few invitations. The first 25 are the most costly because this quantity includes all of the set-up fees. It is a minimal expense to increase the amount to the next 25, but expensive when you need more and have to start all over with printing costs.
8. Don’t --- Include Bridal Registry information with your wedding invitations. Instead, include a wedding website that can provide registry information along with other wedding details.
9. Don’t --- Have guests RSVP to an email address to a formal wedding.
10. Don’t --- address your envelopes with labels! Hand addressing by a calligrapher or someone with beautiful writing is ideal. Also, your invitation printer may offer printing of your guest addresses in a matching font and ink.
And --- Don’t forget to have fun along the way! Cheers!!